Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Banana Waffles



So, I was on Pinterest and I started to discover different ways to make Pancakes/Waffles and I stumbled upon this banana waffle recipe and I got so excited when I seen them. I have not made waffles in years and thought it's time to bust out the waffle maker and try a new recipe. Plus side is, they're "healthy" and my girls loved them too which is the most important part. I had made an extra 6 waffles and they froze very well, I just put them in the toaster oven when my girls would request for waffles just until theyre soft and crispy as you would with any frozen waffles.


The recipe is for pancakes, but I made them as waffles. You can make them either way youd like.



Banana Pancakes
Yield: about 8 pancakes
Ingredients:
4 tbsp. unsalted butter, plus additional for greasing the pan
1½ cups all-purpose flour
2 tbsp. sugar
2½ tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
1 small ripe banana, mashed
1 cup milk
2 large eggs
½ tsp. vanilla extract
Additional banana slices, for serving
Maple syrup, whipped cream, etc. for serving

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 200˚ F.  Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl; set aside to cool slightly.  In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; whisk together to combine.  In a another bowl, combine the mashed banana, milk, eggs and vanilla and whisk to blend.  Add the melted butter and the banana mixture to the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix gently with a rubber spatula until just blended (the batter will be slightly lumpy).

Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat.  Grease lightly with butter.  Drop the batter in 1/3 cup portions onto the heated cooking surface.  Cook until a few bubbles form in the top surface and the bottom is golden brown, about 2 minutes.  Carefully flip the pancake over and cook on the remaining side until golden brown, 1-2 minutes more.  Transfer finished pancakes to a plate in the warm oven while you use the remaining batter, re-greasing the pan as needed.  Serve warm with maple syrup and sliced bananas as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment