Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Virgin Mojito


Summer is right around the corner and that means it's time to bust out the refreshing and cooling drinks out. This is one of those drinks. I love anything with mint and I could just drink these all day.

A few weeks ago I planted some mint roots in a large pot in my backyard so I could get ready to start making tea's and virgin mojito's. They are already starting to grow and expand which got me excited to make one of these drinks. The fact that this drink has only 5 ingredients makes me love it even more.

Ingredients:

3 fresh limes (2 juiced and 1 thinly sliced with ends cut off)
Water as needed
1 Cup of Ice
Sugar to taste
Handful of mints. I used about 10 large mint leafs


In a blender, combine juice of 2 limes, thinly sliced lime with ends cut off and tossed, about 1/2 cup of water (adjust liquid amount to desired consistency), ice,sugar, add mint leafs. Blend on high until slushy or mixture reaches desired consistency. 


Pour into glasses and garnish with mint leaves and lime wedges.

No comments:

Post a Comment