Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Carrot Cake Cupcake


Can you believe I have made carrot cake only one time? Well it's true.. I made carrot cake once about 7 years ago and it was pretty darn good. Even one of my uncles asked me for the recipe hehe. I honestly don't remember where I got the recipe from and how I made it but recently I stumbled upon this recipe at Brandy's Baking blog and thought I'd give it a try. Well it's Saturday and usually on saturday nights the hubby, kids and I go to my in laws house to have dinner and spend quality time together. The majority of the time I make some type of sweet and take with me. So considering that today is Saturday, these are what I'm taking with me today. 



Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Source:  Brandy's Baking
makes 12 cupcakes

1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 to 1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups finely grated carrots (about 3 carrots)
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract 


Preheat oven to 350.  Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper or foil liners.


In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. 

In a food processor pulse carrots until very fine.



In a large bowl, whisk together the grated carrots, sugar, oil, eggs, buttermilk and vanilla to combine.  

Gently fold the flour mixture into the carrot mixture until completely combined.



Divide the batter evenly between the prepared muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 full.  



Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean--20 to 25 minutes.  Let the cupcakes cool in the pan for 5 minutes.  Transfer the cupcakes to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.



Frost the cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting


Cream Cheese Frosting:
12 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
6 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 - 2 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar

Beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla together until light and fluffy.  Gradually add in the powdered sugar and beat until well blended and spreadable.

No comments:

Post a Comment