Total Pageviews

Friday, March 30, 2012

My First Blog

Hey Dolls. My name is Mervat and this is my first blog. I am 26 years old, married and have the two most beautiful little girls in the world. Nadeen who is 5, and Zaina who is 2. I'm a stay at home mommy, and I love it. I was born and raised in Chicago, but I am a Palestinian Muslim. I spent my teenage years in San Antonio, Texas but moved back to my city of Chicago when I got married at the age of 20. I love baking and have been baking since living in San Antonio. I am not a professional baker in any way, I just enjoy doing it. It is my way of "escaping". After getting married is when I started getting into cooking, never really cooked before that. I'm always looking for new recipes when it comes to baking and cooking. My girls are very picky eaters, so when I discover a new recipe for something they enjoy I get excited to make it for them.


I make a wide variety of foods, since I am Palestinian I cook a lot of middle eastern foods but I love making Italian and Chinese foods. 

Lately Ive been getting into the "blog world" and have been finding these amazing recipes and ideas. I thought to myself that I should create my own blog with my feedback and reviews of the recipes that I made from those blogs. I also have recipes of my own that I wanted to share as well. So here it is, my first blog.

I love baking and making a variety of different types of desserts. So far I'm getting a lot of my recipes from Baked Perfection and Brandy's Baking. Those blogs have a lot of amazing great recipes that I cant wait to try and share the results with all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment